OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to create a master week in HHAeXchange.
The Master Week is the permanent schedule from which future visits are automatically created by the system.
Table of Contents:
Add a Master Week
1. Navigate to the desired Patient (Patient > Search Patient) and click the Master Week tab.
2. Click Add Master Week from the Master Week page.
3. Fill out the appropriate fields on the Add/Edit Master Week page.
|The start date of the Master Week. (Required)
|The end date of the Master Week. To be left open ended to allow continuous Master Week rollover after 28 days.
|Indicates how frequently the Masterweek will populate on the patient’s calendar. If a patient has the same schedule every week, this would be set to 1.
|The scheduled shift hours that the caregiver will work during the given day. Ability to search for available caregivers to assign to the Master Week. (Required)
|The assigned Caregiver. If none assigned, use TEMP (1000). (Required)
|The drop down menu of hourly rate or non-payable service codes. (Required)
|The drop down menu of the POC’s on the patient profile. While a POC is not required in HHAX, it is necessary so tasks will show on the mobile app during a caregiver visit.
|The drop down menu of the associated payor which should only be one option. (Required)
|The drop down menu of the associated service code or non-billable service code. (Required)
4. Enter the visit details for each Master Weekday OR click Hours for a streamlined version of this window.
5. The Select Days window opens allowing one to set visit details and apply them to different days be selecting the corresponding checkbox, as illustrated in the image. Click OK to continue (return to the Add/Edit Master week window).
6. Click Save from the Add/Edit Master Week page.
7. Click DUpdate Calendar to “roll over” visits onto the Calendar based on the Master Week details. HHAX will automatically update the calendar with changes to the Master Week every day at midnight, but for real-time updates remember to hit this button.
Edit or Delete a Master Week
To edit a Master Week, click the Edit icon. To delete a Mater Week, click on the Delete icon to the right of the edit icon.
By default, the system rolls over the Master Week for the 14-day range in the From and To Date fields. If desired, adjust the date range and roll over Master Week details to other date ranges.
Note that contracts are configured to allow Master Week rollover without valid authorization. This means that the rollover will continue even if the Patient’s Authorizations do not cover the future dates.
Multiple Master Weeks
If visit times and date ranges do not overlap, one can enter multiple Master Weeks for a Patient. These are common in the following special scenarios:
- The Patient has multiple shifts on the same day. If the Patient consistently receives service in the morning and then again in the evening, one can add one Master Week for the morning shift and another for the evening shift.
- The Patient has “tapered” service. If the Patient’s schedule changes on a set basis: for example, the Patient receives 5 visits per week for one month, then 4 visits per week the next month, then 3 visits per week the following month. In this scenario, once can enter one Master Week with a date range for the first month, a second for the next date range, and a third for the final date range.
Master Week Alternate Shifts
For some permanent schedules, aspects of the schedule alternate from week to week. For example, every other Sunday a different Caregiver might work, or every third week the Patient requests services in the afternoon instead of the morning. In these scenarios, an Agency can set an Alternate Master Week schedule. Once set, the Master Week rollover alternates back and forth based on what is set here.
The system creates scheduled visits starting on the Master Week's From Date and continues for seven days. When the Master Week's From Date is set to a Sunday, scheduled visits start at the beginning of the calendar week, Sunday, and run through the end of the calendar week, Saturday.
For example, a Recurrence value of two (2) weeks for a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday schedule with a From Date of Sunday, April 2nd, creates one week of visits during the calendar week starting April 2nd, and then skips the following calendar week.
Patient Calendar of Two Week Recurrence Visits Starting on a Sunday
A Recurrence value of two (2) weeks for a Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday schedule with a From Date of Saturday, April 1st, creates seven days of visits starting April 1st, and then skips the following seven days.
Patient Calendar of Two Week Recurrence Visits Starting on the 1st of the Month
NOTE: These examples all show Sunday as the first day of the week on the Patient Calendar, but that can be customized using the Admin, Payroll Setup function.
NOTE: If you are trying to schedule for every other week, the alternating off week would just have a TEMP caregiver assigned. When rolling over the Master Week, the system works through each alternate shift entered and places those visits on the calendar.
Source: West Monroe; HHAeXchange Enterprise Help Portal