OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to schedule a visit using the Patient Calendar as well as the Master Week function in HHAeXchange.
Non-clinical visits in the system are classified as Non-Skilled which means only non-skilled disciplines can be assigned to them.
To create a non-skilled visit:
1. Navigate to the Calendar page from the Patient's profile.
2. Click on the date number (hyperlink) at the top-right of the Calendar cell and select New non-skilled visit from the options.
3. The Non-Skilled Schedule window opens on the visit Schedule tab. Complete the required fields:
- Schedule Start Time
- Schedule End Time
- Primary Bill To
- Service Code
- Pay Code
NOTE: If a Caregiver is marked as Absent, has a Restriction for the select Contract, or is scheduled for an In Service on the date of the visit, the system issues a warning either requesting confirmation or stating that the selected Caregiver cannot be scheduled.
4. Click Save.
Using the Copy and Create Tool
Apply new visits to the Calendar using the Copy and Create Tool in the following ways:
- Select Copy to duplicate visit information to a ‘clipboard’. Once copied, apply the visit information to other dates.
- Select Copy and Create to copy the visit information and open a new window to apply the information to other dates and also edit the visit information.
From the Patient’s Calendar page, click the Copy and Create icon on the right side of the Calendar day cell.
To copy a visit:
1. Click Copy. The system informs that the visit details have been copied to the clipboard.
2. Once copied, click on the date number (hyperlink) in the desired Calendar day cell. Select Paste visit information from the options.
The visit details from the first shift are copied to the selected date and may be applied to multiple dates, as desired.
NOTE: Even if a copied visit is authorized, pasting the visit information on a day that is not covered by the Authorization results in an Unauthorized visit (displays in pink).
To copy and create multiple visits:
1. Click Copy and Create. The Copy and Create Multiple Visits page opens.
2. Select the check boxes on the right column to copy the visit information to multiple days. The visit information may also be edited for each day it is applied to.
3. Once the visit information ahs been applied to the selected days, scroll down and click Save. Refresh the web page to see the updated Calendar.
NOTE: If there is already a visit scheduled for the day you are creating a new visit, update the rows per day to 2 or 3 for it to be a new visit.
Source: West Monroe; HHAeXchange Enterprise Help Portal