OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to manage Caregiver Availability, Absence, and Restrictions in HHAeXchange.
Table of Contents:
- The Availability Page
- The Absence/Restriction Page
The Availability Page
Availability is an optional module that branches can utilize to track when a caregiver prefers to work. Setting a Caregiver’s availability will not prevent them from being scheduled and is more of a guideline than an actual restriction. Suggested use-case is to indicate when a caregiver prefers to work (Available) and may not be available to work (Might Work).
The Caregiver Availability page is comprised of four sections: Mobile App Settings, Permanent Week Availability, Max Visits, and Special Availability.
An Availability Updated field in the Caregiver Info header section shows the date when the Caregiver’s availability was updated, in conjunction to the Last Edited field in the Permanent Week Availability section that indicates the date when the last changes were made to the selected Caregiver’s Availability Preferences. The date captured in this label reflects when changes are made to the Permanent Week Availability and Max Visits sections.
In addition, use the Add Note links on a specific day to document the changes. Edit Note displays for days with an existing Note.
Mobile App Settings
Use Mobile App Settings to restrict a Caregiver from viewing and accepting open cases.
Uncheck the box labelled View open Cases to prevent a caregiver from viewing the details of an open case. Uncheck the box labelled Request and Accept Open Cases to restrict a caregiver from submitting requests for broadcasted shifts which are available to them.
Caregiver Time Correction options are not available for editing. The box labelled Set Availability via Mobile App should not be selected, as caregivers need to notify their branch if their availability is changing.
Permanent Week Availability
The Permanent Week Availability displays a Caregiver’s preferred schedule indicating the days, hours, and availability preferences. The settings indicated on this schedule facilitates the Availability Search function when trying to fill a shift or view general availability.
All Caregivers are defaulted to open availability.
To edit availability:
1. Click Edit.
2. Toggle between Preferred (Caregiver's preference) and Might Work (when a Caregiver might not be available to work). Update the hours as needed and click Save.
3. Click Add to add an additional Permanent Availability if multiple availabilities need to be added for a Caregiver.
Max Visits refers to the total amount of unique visits a Caregiver is willing to work on a given day. Help at Home sets this limit at 4.
Special Availability works the same as Permanent Week Availability. A schedule is created when the Caregiver’s schedule varies for a certain amount of time (such as holiday seasons or vacation).
To add special availability:
1. Navigate to the Special Availability section and click Add.
2. Update the hours as needed and click Save.
3. Click Add to add an additional Special Availability if multiple availabilities need to be added for a Caregiver.
The Absence/Restriction Page
The Absences Page
The Absence function is used to record and track a Caregiver’s absences. Marking a Caregiver as absent will removed any scheduled shifts for the time period and will not allow the Caregiver to be scheduled on that day. Use-cases for Absences includes vacation, jury duty, or any time the caregiver is certain they will not be able to work.
To add an absence:
1. Navigate to the Absence/Restriction Page and click Add from the Absences module.
2. Select the reason for the absence from the Absence Type drop down menu, then set the dates that the Caregiver will be unable to work. Disregard the Paid Time Off section and click Save.
If Caregiver is scheduled for a visit on the same day as the Absence, a pop-up message will advise that the Visit in question has been updated to the Temp caregiver. Arrangements will need to be made to cover the shift and manually enter the covering Caregiver in the Visit details.
NOTE: Paid Time Off is not tracked in HHAeXchange and the process for tracking and paying PTO has not changed.
The Restrictions Page
The Restrictions section is used to restrict a Caregiver from working with Patients under a specific Contract. Once a Restriction is placed, the Caregiver is removed from non-billed visits and cannot be scheduled to new visits (throughout the duration of the restriction).
To add a restriction:
1. Navigate to the Restricted section and click New.
2. Select the Caregiver's restricted contract from the Contract drop down menu. Select the reason for the restriction from the Reason drop down menu. Add the Restriction Start Date and Restriction End Date (optional) and click Save.
NOTE: To restrict a Caregiver form a specific Client, navigate to the Client page > Caregiver HX.
Source: West Monroe; HHAeXchange Enterprise Help Portal