OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to add a Billing Dx Code to an invoice on the Invoice Details page in HHAeXchange as well as add a new Billing Dx Code when it's non-existent and is on hold in Billing Review in HHAeXchange.
Table of Contents:
- Billing Dx Code Column Overview (Invoice Details)
- Billing Diagnosis Window Overview
Billing Dx Code Column Overview (Invoice Details)
The Billing Dx Code displays the Billing Code to be applied to the invoiced visits.
If more than one Billing Dx Code is associated with the visit, then the column displays a "+N" under the applied code.
For example, User Jon Frank invoices a visit for Patient Dave Shaw. The system applies the billing code “A00.0” from the visit’s Authorization; the Billing DX Code column displays “A00.0” for this visit.
- If Patient Dave Shaw has a Patient Diagnosis Code Override set, then the Billing DX Code column displays “A00.0 (+1)” for this visit. The “(+1)” indicates that there is another billing code associated with the visit.
- If Patient Dave Shaw has a Patient Diagnosis Code Override set and the associated Contract also has a Default Billing DX Code, then the Billing DX Code column displays “A00.0 (+2)”. The “(+2)” indicates there are two billing codes associated with the visit.
- If no code has been applied to the visit, then the Billing DX Code column displays “N/A” for the associated visit.
Billing Diagnosis Window Overview
Selecting the value in the Billing DX Code column for an invoiced visit opens the Billing Diagnosis window containing supplementary code information (such as the Code Description, and whether it is an Admitting and/or Primary diagnosis). Additional Codes are also displayed if more than one Code is associated with the visit.
From this window, users with the Edit Billing Diagnosis Code permission can add or delete Billing Codes. Users without the permission, can access read-only information.
To access the Edit Billing Diagnosis Code permission, navigate to Admin > User Management > Edit Roles. Select Billing from the Section field on the Edit Roles page.
Adding or editing an Invoice Dx Code affects the Dx Code used for Billing only. Changes to the Patient’s Authorization Dx Code must be done directly on the Patient’s record.
Adding or Editing Billing Diagnosis Code(s)
1. Click Add from the Billing Diagnosis window.
2. The Invoice DX Code window opens. Select the new ICD Code to apply to the invoiced visit. Select the applicable checkboxes if the Code is an Admitting Diagnosis and/or the Primary diagnosis. Click Save.
3. To edit an existing code, click Code (number link) from the Billing Diagnosis window. On the Invoice DX window, specify whether that Code is/is not an Admitting Diagnosis and/or Primary diagnosis. Click Save.
4. To delete an existing Code (from the associated invoiced visit), click on the Delete icon for an existing code from the Billing Diagnosis window. Click OK to confirm deletion.
5. In the Update field, select one of the following to indicate how to apply the Billing DX Code, as follows:
- Only that specific visit (Individual record)
- All visits for this invoice (All records within this invoice), or
- All visits for that billing batch (All records within this billing batch)
Source: Implementation Team