OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to add a new Caregiver in HHAeXchange.
NOTE: Only designated Admin will have the ability to add certain employees in HHAX manually. With the integration of Workday and HHAeXchange, most caregivers will no longer be directly added to HHAeXchange. Please refer to the following articles for more information.
- Workday: Hiring an Employee (Pre-Hire or Rehire)
- Workday: Hiring an Employee (Full Manual Hire)
- HHAeXchange: Finishing a Caregiver Profile
Table of Contents:
- Create a New Caregiver
- Finalize a Caregiver Profile
- Add a Secondary Office
Create a New Caregiver
1. Navigate to Caregiver > New Caregiver.
2. Select the office from the Primary Office drop down menu and enter the Caregiver's First Name and Last Name.
NOTE: One the Caregiver profile is saved, the Primary Office cannot be manually changed. Double-check that the correct office is selected before saving. If an error has been made, add a Secondary Office and submit a ticket to HHAeXchange Support.
3. Select Applicant or Employee from the Type drop down menu.
NOTE: Selecting Applicant will allow you to save your progress but will not allow the Caregiver to be scheduled or require you to complete their profile. Selecting Employee will require you to complete their profile before saving. Best practice is to add the following profile information so you can easily switch the Caregiver to Employee when they're ready.
4. Enter the following profile details (required fields indicated by the asterisk):
- DOB (Date of Birth)*
Employment Type (aka Discipline)
NOTE: Type and Employment Type are two different fields. Type indicates if the Caregiver is an applicant completing onboarding or if they are an employee who has completed the onboarding process. Employment Type (Discipline) indicates what service the Caregiver will perform (PCA, HCSS, etc).
- Application Date*
- Referral Source and Referral Person, if applicable
- Address and Phone Number
- Zip Code*
- Emergency Contact Information
- Caregiver Preferences Used for Scheduling (Caregiver cannot be scheduled until after Employee is selected from the Type drop down menu)
- Caregiver Preferences Not Used for Scheduling
- Notification Preferences
5. Click Save.
Finalize a Caregiver Profile
Once all pre-employment requirements are complete and the Caregiver is ready to begin their job, finalize their profile by adding the Hire Date and Changing the Type to Employee.
1. To add the hire date, navigate to the Compliance section and click Add Hire Date. Click the Calendar icon to select the employee's hire date. Click Save.
NOTE: This information will automatically update on the Caregiver Profile page.
2. Navigate to Caregiver Profile and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click Edit. Change the Type from Applicant to Employee.
NOTE: The Status field will default to Active and should not be changed unless the Caregiver does not complete the Onboarding process or leaves employment at Help at Home.
3. Click Save to save the changes. The Caregiver is now set up in HHAeXchange.
Add a Secondary Office
You may need to assign a Caregiver to a Secondary Office because of one of the following reasons:
- Caregiver will be working with Clients in multiple offices
- Caregiver is moving offices for a short time and will need to be scheduled from multiple offices
- Caregiver was assigned to the incorrect office during set up and needs to switch to the correct office
1. To add a Secondary Office, navigate to Caregiver Profile and click Edit from the bottom of the page.
2. Select the correct office from the Secondary Offices drop down menu. This field is located below Demographics.
3. Click Save.
NOTE: The Office listed below Caregiver Information will continue to be the Caregiver's Primary Office. If the Caregiver was added to the wrong office during setup or if the Caregiver is changing offices, submit a request to initiate the change. Make sure you provide the name of the Caregiver, the old office, and the new office.
If a Caregiver is relocating to a new office, make sure you submit a request AFTER the Caregiver has completed all of their scheduled shifts at the old office, including Visit Verification.
Update User Permissions for Secondary Office
HHAeXchange users who have access granted to both the Primary and Secondary Offices listed on the Caregiver's profile will only be able to edit the Caregiver profile. Users who have access granted to only ONE of the offices, will be able to schedule the Caregiver for shifts but cannot edit.
For example: Diana Prince is assigned a Primary Office in Philadelphia with a Secondary Office in Horsham.
Users with permissions to view only Philadelphia Caregivers and Clients will be only be able to schedule Diana for shifts in Philadelphia. The same applies for users in Horsham: Users with Horsham-only permissions can only schedule the Caregiver to shifts in Horsham.
Users who have access to both Philadelphia and Horsham will be able to schedule Diana for shifts in either Office and can also edit the Caregiver Profile for Diana.
To add a user to additional offices to support a Caregiver, submit a request and provide the user's name and the offices they need permissions for.
Source: West Monroe; HHAeXchange Enterprise Help Portal