OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to delegate permissions to another Worker so they can perform actions on your behalf in Workday.
|Link to Okta sign on: helpathome.okta.com
1. Navigate to the Home page > Inbox (My Tasks) > Manage Delegations.
2. View any active delegations in the Current Delegations tab.
NOTE: If the delegation has not been approved, it will not appear under Current Delegations. View the Delegation History tab or the Archive tab of your Inbox to ensure that the Delegation approval is in progress.
3. Click Manage Delegations.
NOTE: To remove an existing delegation, select the Minus icon on the row and submit. The Delegation Update will route for approvals.
4. Enter a Begin Date (required) and an End Date (optional).
5. Search for the employee you wish to delegate to in the Delegate field.
7. (Optional) Select the business processes you'd like the employee to be able to initiate on your behalf in the Start on My Behalf field. Search through the By Business Process Type to select the appropriate processes.
NOTE: When you delegate the creation of an item, you give the employee access to all of your previously created items of that type.
8. Note the various options in the Do My Tasks On My Behalf section:
- For All Business Processes - this allows the delegate to respond and perform any approval or sub-process steps of a task that are in your Inbox (My Tasks).
- For Business Process - this allows you to narrow down which business processes you want the delegate to be able to approve or perform other sub-process steps on in your Inbox (My Tasks). Any tasks that are selected here that are sent to your inbox in the designated begin and end date of the delegation, will be delegated.
- None of the above - this prevents the delegate from being able to perform any approval or sub-process steps on your behalf in your Inbox (My Tasks).
- Retain Access to Delegated Tasks in Inbox - select this to continue to view tasks in your Inbox (My Tasks) even when they are delegated.
In this example, Frankie Field Admin will act as a delegate for Billy Branch Manager from 8/3/2023 to 8/4/2023. Frankie will be able to initiate Change My Personal Information (only for Billy as an employee, not as a Manger) and approve any Home Contact Changes or Personal Information Changes that are sent to Billy’s Inbox.
9. Select Submit. An alert will display that when you delegate the creation of an item, you give the employee access to all of your previously create items in that type. Click Submit again. The delegation will be sent for approval by your manager. The employee will receive a notification once the delegation is approved.
Source: West Monroe; Invisors