OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to troubleshoot common Caregiver log-in issues in Workday.
|Link to Okta sign on: helpathome.okta.com
Did Not Receive Welcome Email or Text
Refer to the following troubleshooting steps if a Caregiver did not receive the Welcome to Okta email or text:
1. Investigate the Caregiver in Paradox
Ensure the Caregiver completes the following items:
- Confirm the Caregiver accepted their offer in Paradox
- Confirm the Caregiver completed their application
- Confirm the Caregiver completed their background consent form (applicable after 10/8/2023).
2. Investigate the Caregiver in Workday
Open Workday and search for the Caregiver to ensure they have an Employee Record instead of a Pre-hire Record.
If there's only a Pre-hire Record, then the Caregiver did not properly transfer from Paradox to Workday. Submit a request to fix this issue. Fill out the form and make the following selections:
- Please select the type of support needed - Support Requests
- Functional Area of System - Workday
- Workday Ticket Type - Integration - Paradox Data Issue
3. Confirm the Caregiver's Contact Information
Once the Employee Record is located, confirm the Caregiver is using the same email address and phone number that is saved in Workday.
If the email address or phone number doesn't match:
a. Make the update in Workday and Paradox.
b. Obtain the Caregiver's first name, last name, and email address and submit a request.
Unable to log-in to Workday via Okta (Single Sign On)
Refer to the following steps if the user is unable to log-in to Workday via Okta:
1. Confirm the Caregiver has their username (example: bsmith2). If the Caregiver doesn't know their username, reference the following instructions: Workday: Viewing a Worker's Username.
2. If the Caregiver received their Welcome to Okta email or text but has not activated their account, reference the following instructions: Workday: Logging In (Caregiver Pre-Hire).
- If the Caregiver hasn't received their Welcome to Okta email or text, refer to User Did Not Receive Welcome Email or Text
Quick Troubleshooting Notes
Log in with Username, NOT Email Address
The Caregiver must use their username to log in or reset their password in Workday. Using an email address will not work.
Reference: Workday: Viewing a Worker's Username
Log in Using the Correct Link
The Welcome to Okta email and text provides two links for the Caregiver to use at different times:
Activation Link - Ensure the Caregiver is using the activation link for there initial log-in, the first time. This link has the word "verify" at the end of the URL.
- Example: helpathome.okta.com/tokens/xxx55532dxx/verify
- Access Link - If the Caregiver leaves Workday and wants to log back in, ensure they are using the access link: https://helpathome.okta.com/.
If a Caregiver has logged in previously and is having trouble logging back in, send them their username and the Workday/Okta access link (https://helpathome.okta.com/).
Deselect the Pre-boarding Completion Checkbox
Ensure the Pre-boarding Completion checkbox is NOT checkbox. If this box is checked before the Caregiver completes their onboarding, they will lose access to Workday. Deselecting the checkbox sends the Caregiver a new activation email where they need to re-register by creating a password.
3. If the Caregiver has activated their account and logged in previously but is having trouble logging in again, confirm that the Pre-boarding Completion checkbox is deselected.
- Pre-boarding Completion is NOT selected:
- Confirm the Caregiver's username and that they're using their username to log in. Reference: Workday: Viewing a Worker's Username
- Ensure the Caregiver is logging-in with the access link: https://helpathome.okta.com/. If they cannot log-in with this link, ensure they have activated their account.
- Ensure the Caregiver is using the correct password. Instruct the Caregiver to click Forgot Password if they need to reset their password.
- Pre-boarding Completion IS selected:
- Deselect the Pre-boarding Completion checkbox so they receive a new activation email where they can log-in and set a password. Reference: Workday: Deselecting the Pre-boarding Completion Checkbox.
Login Error Messages
If a Caregiver tries to log in or reset their password and they receive this error message, there are two potential issues:
If the Caregiver received this error message when logging in, it usually means the Caregiver hasn't activated their account yet.
Ensure the Caregiver is using the Activation Link for their initial, first-time log-in. The link will have "verify" at the end of the URL.
- Confirm the Caregiver's username in Workday. Reference: Workday: Viewing a Worker's Username
- If the Caregiver has logged in previously but needs to reset their password:
If you still cannot resolve the login issue or something else has appeared, obtain the Caregiver's first name, last name, and email address and submit a request.
Source: West Monroe