OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to request time off for yourself in Workday.
|Link to Okta sign on: helpathome.okta.com
Click here to watch the Requesting Time Off for Self in Workday training video: Requesting Time Off for Self for Workday.
Time off includes PTO, Bereavement, Floating Holidays, Give Back Time, Jury Duty, and Witness Duty.
1. Navigate to the Time Dashboard > Enter Time > Request Time Off.
2. View the Request Time Off Calendar. The Balance Per Plan will display the available time off balance for your time off plans.
NOTE: Adjust the Balance as of date field to view your future Balance Per Plan hour calculation.
3. Click the dates you are requesting time off for from the calendar. When you have selected the correct date(s), click X Days – Request Time Off in the bottom left corner.
4. The Request Time Off pop-up window displays.
Type - Select the Time Off Type you are taking. Depending on your selection, additional required fields may populate.
Daily Quantity - Defaults based on the type of time off selected. You may update this number to reflect the number of hours being requesting off by the Caregiver.
- Bereavement and Jury and Witness Duty will default to 1 Day.
- All other types will default to 8 hours.
5. Click Submit. The request will now route for your manager for review and approval. The time off will remain in a gray pending status until the manager approves the time; however, if it is a plan that accrues a balance, this time will reflect in the plan’s balance.