OBJECTIVE: This guide provides the steps on how to approve visits in Telephony.
1. Click on the Telephony Navigation from the left menu panel.
2. Select the From Date and To Date and click on Get Calls to pull up all shifts that need to be approved. NOTE: Ensure that your office is selected by clicking on the filter icon next to the Office column.
NOTE: Ensure that you sign off on the note with your first initial, last name and title.
For example: S.Hall,CS
Resource: Shifts that get pulled up are unable to get completed due to various violations. Click on this link for more information on what is considered a violation: Rules for Approving Visits.
NOTE: [MI Caregivers Only] Shifts with violations will be set to TCOR status. These TCOR shifts will be “sent back” to caregivers to correct. After shifts have been corrected, they can be completed by changing the status of the shift to C.
4. Click on the shift that needs to be verified and add a the relevant notes in the Notes column after verifying what the violations are. Go back to the main tab and click Approve to complete the shift. Example: "Verified clock in and clock out times with client and caregiver. J.Doe, CS".
NOTE: Always sign off with first initial, last name and job title.
5. To address Cancelled / On Hold Visits, include the correct cancel code (XC - Cancelled by client, XCG - Cancelled by caregiver, XO - Cancelled no staff, H - Hospitalization, HOLD - on hold, NS - Caregiver no show) and reason. Click OK.
NOTE: Reasons for cancelled / on hold shifts can be selected using a template. Click on the Notes icon and select from the lists of templates (Open shift, XC Note, XCG Note) and click Append and modify the notes.
6. Double check the following criteria to complete a shift with violation:
- This shift is missing a clock in and clock out time. Add the relevant notes by choosing from the template. Once the note has been added, click Approve. A pop up will show what the shift violation is. Click Ignore.
- A conflict resolution pop up will appear and prompt you to select the reason by clicking on the drop down icon and then entering a note in the Memo field. Click Ok to complete shift.
NOTE: Please ensure you are signing off at the end of the note. For example: S.Hall, C.S.
Source: Business Application User Support