OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to change an employee’s role and permissions in AlayaCare.
NOTE: While the Job is maintained in Workday, Roles and Permissions will be updated and maintained in AlayaCare. For example, if a Branch Admin is now a Branch Manager, permissions will be updated in both Workday and AlayaCare. Refer how to update permissions in the article Workday: Delegate Your Permissions.
To update an employee's role in AlayaCare:
- Navigate to the Dashboard screen and hover over Employees > Employees.
Enter the employee’s name in the Type to Filter field.
Click on the employee’s name and the Employee's Schedule will open.
Click the Demographics tab in the Employee’s profile.
Click Roles & Permissions in the Demographics Tab to view and change an Employee’s permissions.
- To change the Employee's web access, review the roles below Administrative Portal.
- To change the Employee's mobile access, scroll down and review the role below Employee Portal.
- Click the three lined icon to toggle the role permissions on and off
- A blue switch will demonstrate that the employee has been given that role. A gray switch will demonstrate that the employee has not been given that role. (Note: an employee can only have one Administrative Portal role and one Employee Portal role)
- After changing a role, click Save Employee.
Source: Implementation Specialist