OBJECTIVE: This article provides instructions on how to complete items to ensure a successful payroll is ran.
Table of Contents:
- Verifying Caregiver & Client Addresses
- Verifying all Caregivers have Payroll File Numbers & Pay Rates
- Scheduling Show Up Pay, Training, and Time Off
- Marking Admin visits as Non-Payable
- Reviewing Telephony DAILY
- Reviewing TCOR visits DAILY
- Adding Travel Time & Travel Miles
- Reviewing Office Schedules for Travel Time, Travel Miles, and Mileage
- Branch Managers ONLY: Running Draft Payroll batches and conducting final reviews
Verifying Caregiver & Client Addresses
Verifying Caregiver & Client Addresses is essential in ensuring that visits will be auto-approved. It will simplify the Telephony approval process to verify locations when entering Clients / Caregivers into MatrixCare.
Reference this article for support: Creating a New Client Profile
Verifying all Caregivers have Payroll File Numbers
In order for Caregivers to get paid, they need a Payroll File Number.
- Reference this article for support on searching caregiver payroll file numbers: MatrixCare: Searching for a Caregiver's Payroll File Number
- Reference this article for support on how to enter payroll file numbers to profiles: MatrixCare: Entering a Caregiver's Payroll File Number
- Reference this article for support on how to enter Caregiver Pay Rates: MatrixCare: Creating a New Caregiver Profile
NOTE: REMEMBER TO PUT THE SAME RATE FOR ALL CODES. Do not calculate and enter a higher rate for the HOL service codes. MatrixCare automatically calculates the 1.5X holiday rate on ALL Service Codes. The HOL codes were created for billing purposes.
Scheduling Show Up Pay, Training, and Time-off
These unique situations need to be scheduled correctly in order for caregivers to get paid properly.
- Reference this article for Show Up Pay scheduling: MatrixCare: Adding Caregiver Show Up Pay
- Reference this article for Training scheduling: MatrixCare: Scheduling Training Visits
- Reference this article for scheduling caregiver Time-Off: MatrixCare: Entering Caregiver Time Off
Marking Admin Visits Non-Payable
To mark Admin Visits Non-Payable, navigate to Office Schedules and filter the correct office and date range. Filter the Caregiver column for any Admin Staff or Admin Nurses. Open their visits, navigate to the Pay Info tab, and mark the visits Non Payable. Click OK. You do NOT have to change the Pay Units.
Make sure this is complete for Branch Admin and the Admin Nurses as they will get paid out of UKG.
Review Telephony and clear out as many visits as possible daily. This will ensure that payroll will be complete on time. Within each visit make sure to review Daily Visit Sheet, Signatures, Tasks, Expenses, and clock in / out times.
- Reference this article on reviewing Telephony: MatrixCare: Approving Visits
Review TCOR shifts daily. Navigate to Office schedules, select the correct office and date range, and click Get Schedules. Filter the Status column to "TCOR". Review TCOR shifts and clear out before payroll. Within each visit make sure to review Daily Visit Sheet, Signatures, Tasks, Expenses, and clock in / out times.
Adding Travel Time & Travel Miles
Ensure Travel Time & Travel Miles are added to each visit. Best practice is to complete this DAILY as visits are approved.
- Reference this article on adding Travel Time and Travel Miles to visits: MatrixCare: Entering Travel Time and Travel Miles
Reviewing Office Schedules for Travel Time, Travel Miles, and Mileage
Before payroll is run, review Travel Time, Travel Miles, and Mileage to ensure that everything looks correct.
- Reference this article to understand how to enter Travel Time & Travel Miles: MatrixCare: Entering Travel Time and Travel Miles
- Reference this article to understand how to review Travel Time & Travel Miles: MatrixCare: Verifying Travel Time & Travel Miles
The Mileage code is used when Caregivers submit mileage via the MatrixCare app. Make sure to review this code within Office Schedules --> Expenses --> Filter Expense Code to ensure that Caregivers did not accidentally enter more miles than they are supposed to.
BRANCH MANAGERS ONLY: Running Draft Payroll Batches
Every Tuesday afternoon, run a draft payroll batch to ensure everything looks correct.
- Navigate to Create Payroll on the left panel. Select the correct Office in the first box. Right-click and select New to create a new batch.
- Fill out Pay Date (Friday) and fill out Service Through (previous Saturday). Right-click and select Save.
- Click Draft. DO NOT EVER CLICK FINALIZE.
- Review if there are any errors / flags. These will show up as a red circle next to the Caregivers names. One common error is that the Caregiver is missing pay rates. If this is the case, update the pay rate in the Caregiver profile, and click Draft again.
- Review the following items by filtering / sorting the column headers:
- Ensure there are no "Exclude" Flags
- Ensure that all Caregivers have a Payroll File Number.
- Ensure the Reg Units column looks correct and no visits were accidentally approved for long periods of time
- Ensure that all the Rates and total Pay Amounts look correct.
- Ensure that the rates for mileage Service Codes (Mileage, Travel Mileage, Billable Mileage) all look correct.
- Correct any issues before Wednesday morning.
Source: Implementation Specialist